We all know that sexy shoes can complete any outfit. So far this season, we’ve brought you trends from the hottest colors to the warmest coats, the coolest details and, of course, the most comfortable bras. Today we’re taking our focus down to your feet to highlight the sexy shoe trends of the season. Plus, we’ve include a quick guide to help you pick the most flattering winter boot for your shape and outfit.
This fall and winter, sexy shoes are edgy and bold. Put your simple flats away for another season and look for high impact details, including loud prints, big buckles and bling. Expect to transform chunky heels into stilettos and wedges into platforms. Both are tres on trend this year. So, release the hems on your jeans and get ready to stand a little taller.
The men’s loafer look is a popular trend this year, in both flats and heels. You’ll notice a modern, feminine take on the traditional men’s fringe and tassel loafer. Dual tones make these lady loafers stand out as a stylish, every day look for business and casual attire.
Prints are also a fun trend for winter this year. Animal prints, especially leopard, are a great way to jazz up many outfits. Floral prints add an extra feminine appeal, even in a tall boot. Printed fabrics work best on matte leather or shiny satin. A beautiful printed pump is a nice substitute for a colorful pedicure during the colder months when we’re warming our tootsies in closed-toed shoes.
If you’re obsessed with boots like us, you can go high, low or anywhere in between this year. The trend is in the detail so look for interesting adornments like chains, buckles, sequins, rhinestones or laces. Sandal boots are also popular if you live somewhere warm enough to pull them off. And, we’d be remiss if we didn’t share that the higher the heel, the better this season.
Wondering what type of boot is best for your body? Here’s a quick guide:
- Ankle boots work for all body types and almost any pant, skirt or dress. If the ankle does not fit snugly, it may cut off your leg so be sure to get a good fit. Also, for shorter women, pair with a similar color skinny jean or legging to elongate the look of your legs.
- Tall boots also work well for all shapes and heights. If you’re on the short side, select a tall boot that falls just under the knee and doesn’t have horizontal details that can make you look shorter and wider. Taller women can go for full knee-high boots. Tall boots are particularly flattering and slimming with short and knee-length dresses.
- Calf boots are the worst offenders for making even a thin leg look chunky. These boots traditionally have wider shafts so if you’re going for the calf boot, definitely wear a skinny pant.
- Stacked heels and wedges with wide back heels are best for curvy women. The gradual taper flatters the figure.
- Flat boots are better for taller women. But go for heels if you are short.
We hope today’s fashion report inspires you to look for some fun, sexy shoes this season. And while you’re in the shopping spirit, hop on over to our site-wide sale and enjoy 15% off your entire purchase on LeadingLady.com.
Happy shopping, fashionistas!