Top Tips for Breast Health
In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this month, we brought you breast health tips to ensure you’re doing all you can to maintain healthy lifestyle practices. As a reminder, here are the top 5 things you can do ensure optimal breast health for the present and future:
1) Breastfeed: Research shows that breastfeeding reduces a woman’s risk of a variety of diseases, including breast cancer. It also helps women physically and emotionally during their breastfeeding days and beyond.
2) Eat a Healthy Diet: Diet can be a contributing cause of breast cancer. Foods high in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and lean proteins are cancer fighting powerhouses that should be incorporated into a balanced, low-fat diet.
3) Wear Supportive Bras: Give your whole body a lift by ensuring your breasts sit upright on your chest with the proper amount of encapsulation and compression for comfort. Make sure you’re wearing the right size and replace your bras often. Use Leading Lady’s Find Your Fit bra calculator to achieve your ideal fit.
4) Exercise: Being physically active gets the blood flowing throughout your body, which helps oxidize your cells and provide energy you need for normal bodily functions. Thirty minutes of physical activity is recommended per day.
5) Have Regular Exams: Take precautionary measures for detecting abnormalities in your breasts early. Do self exams, visit your doctor at least once a year and have mammograms as recommended for your age group and risk factors.